Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's a Boy!

So, again with the excuses. Yeah, yeah, I get it, I suck at keeping blogs. But, to my defense, I've been busy! Working, class, church stuff, date nights (necessary!), wedding planning (the other blog has suffered, too!), the list goes on and on. But yay! Things have not calmed down, but I've found a minute to write! I've been meaning to for awhile.

Okay, first things first. Thank you Kristie and Kim for helping me to change my blog around to make it cuter! I definitely found some nifty borders and little signs for my blog that make it way better than it was before. Awesome.

Second things second. Life is great right now. Kyle and I are preparing to be married, so things are obviously good! We're getting all the wedding planning wrapped up (or are just getting in the middle of it...I don't know). But it's fun! There's a huge list of things to do, though.

Work is great! School is great! The house is great! Kyle's great! And I think we're going to adopt!

So, while Kyle was pushing carts at the Menards parking lot, he found this cat. It's a full-grown, orange-striped male and it was roaming around the parking lot letting kids pet him. Kyle's seen other cats in the parking lot, but he was never able to approach them because they'd just run away. This one followed him around. He said he tried to feed it scraps of food that he found in the parking lot, but the cat wouldn't eat them. He went into the store and got some dry catfood, and then the cat absolutely loved him. Of course, Kyle was too soft to just leave the kitty in the parking lot, so he got him a box and put him in his car until his shift was over.

Imagine my surprise when Kyle came home! I had just gotten home from work myself and was making dinner (healthy macaroni-and-cheese and curly fries) when Kyle came in the back door. I asked him if he got the Christmas tree we'd agreed to get, and he told me, "Yeah, but come out and look in my car." I went to the back door, looked through the window to his car, and saw this cat looking at me from the passenger seat with his ears all perked up.

"Oh my gosh...how'd a cat get in your car? What's he doing here?!"

I'd tried to talk Kyle into adopting a cat or a dog a few weeks ago, but I knew it wouldn't happen because we're just not home enough to train it. We could never have an outdoor pet--not living where we'll live. But this little guy was a house cat. There were several clues: he followed us around instead of running away, he lets everyone pet him, he knows how to act on the furniture, he's very fat so was obviously well-fed. He's very mild-mannered and polite. He's also a cuddler! We got him some food and water (he loved that), and Kyle went out for some kitty litter and a container (which he definitely knew how to use). We're debating whether or not to keep him, but I think we both really want to.

He's really cute and funny, too. He snores and farts a little in his sleep (Kyle: "Yeah but I do that and you keep me!") and he likes to roll over and over while he's sleeping, too....actually, he fell rolled right off the couch a few minutes ago! He grabbed at the couch and landed on his feet, then got up and sat on his butt for a while all alert-like and watched us until we stopped laughing and went back to what we were doing. Next time, when he got back on the couch to sleep, he didn't lay so close to the edge. Tomorrow we're going to give him a bath and make the basement a little nicer for him to have his litter box. I think Kyle's afraid that he'll be afraid down there, so he really wants to keep him up here. His poop smells sooo bad though, so that wasn't an option!

We've decided to name him Tiger Moriancumer. Tiger is for obvious reasons--he's orange-striped. I really wanted to give him an LDS name, too, and I'm beginning the book of Ether, so I really thought Moriancumer was fitting, seeing as it's the second half of the brother of Jared's name. Whatever. The name is good. Go big or go home!

So he stays for now. We'll watch for any problems, but I don't know that there'll be much, if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment