Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Break Come Early?

Hey, everyone!  I know it's been such a long while since I've last blogged...in my defense, I've thought about blogging a lot...I've just never gotten around to it!  Well, today I have a little time since school's been canceled.  That's right, CANCELED.  On the last day before Christmas break!  This means that I start break just a little bit early!  Am I excited?

No!

Okay, okay.  I am excited for break.  But there are a few reasons why I'm not excited to not be having school today:

  1. Today was supposed to be the end of our semester.  Now we have to extend it a day when we come back. I'm not excited to have my sophomores one more day after break.  I just want them to be on their way and to get a new set right as soon as we get back. And you better believe the day is going to be a wash when we come back!  What am I going to do with 25 sophomores (who are rowdy to begin with) on the first day back from break and the last day of the semester?  Movie! 
  2. I was going to submit grades today.  Thank GOODNESS all my grading is caught up!  But now I have to wait until we have that last day of the semester because kids will continue to turn stuff in at the last minute.
  3. We planned a party for our freshmen in which one of my coworkers spent two and a half hours popping popcorn for over 100 students.  AND we bought pop and had them in ice overnight.  So I'm sure when we return to the pop, they're going to be a big floaty gross mess.  Ew.  Don't want to deal with it!
  4. Of course, with our mild winter last year and my reluctance to believe any hype over the weather, I left all my things at school.  Dumb, I know.  I was just so tired by the beginning of this week of taking my bag home and not getting anything accomplished.  Plus yesterday I really did have other things to carry out and I just didn't bring my teaching bag with me.  It shouldn't be a big deal, but I've lost my swipe card to get into the building and hadn't replaced it yet, so of course I have no idea when I'm going to get in to get my stuff to plan next semester.  
  5. I left a cake in my room.  Don't ask...don't ask.  But I want to get it before any bugs or (heaven forbid) mice do.
Is someone likely to be in the schools today to let me in?  I'm sure there will be.  Will there be someone over the rest of Christmas break?  Yes.  With sports practices and janitors, I'll be able to get in if I need to.  Is it just a super big pain in the butt?  Yes.  And am I just in a bad mood because of all the days to get a cancellation, I can't sleep?  Yes.  

Everything really is going to be okay...I just like to complain a lot.  Enjoy this first blog post back!

No comments:

Post a Comment