Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Announcing Baby Part One

So I finally figured out how to put videos on my blog!  Turns out I couldn't just add them using the director icon...I had to convert them because they were too big for blogger to handle.  And then I had to download some sort of something to convert them, and that took about a million years to get through.  Anyway...

So baby updates:  still doing great!  Getting my alertness back (thank goodness!), little to no nausea, slight food aversion, but it's mostly gone!  Feeling great!  We go to the doctor next week, so hopefully we can get a clean bill of health til next checkup :)

I promised blog entries about how we announced to the family that we were pregnant.  First we told our parents waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in early February.  Both sets were coming to Muncie for Kyle's birthday, and since we were all going to be together, we figured it would be the perfect time to tell.  The only downside was that at this point, we thought we were further along than we were because we hadn't had the dating ultrasound yet.  So when we told our parents, we expected to only have to keep the pregnancy a secret for another two or so weeks...not six!  From the way it sounded, it was just as hard for them as it was for us (maybe harder!).  We called our siblings soon after and swore everyone to absolute secrecy.


Testing out the new camera before everyone got there...



Then, everyone arrived!  Kyle wanted to do presents before going out to lunch and since I could hardly contain the secret anymore, I agreed.  Our baby's in-utero name is Seamus Magoo, so I put that in the card.  Needless to say it threw everyone for a loop when he read the card, and it took a little bit of time for everyone to realize...




But once they did, they sure were happy!


Most memorable birthday EVER.




No comments:

Post a Comment