Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baking Cookies to Fried Potatoes

Baking's not so bad.  

Today I decided to make cookies.  Snickerdoodle cookies!  I don't know why--just in the mood.  Hmmmm...this leads me to wonder what wife-prep is doing to me...

I really like to make cakes, too.  Hopefully this develops and begins to overlap with cooking.  I'm still a miserable cook that can only master hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.  I should get points for trying fried potatoes, though!  Next time I'll remember my mistakes and be sure not to make them again.  

But that's the point, isn't it?  You know, life means making mistakes.  We try our best to correct them at the time, but often we can't.  Sometimes our work isn't even salvageable (or we just eat around the burned parts of the fried potatoes).  But we know better next time!  Eventually we make less and less mistakes and our potatoes are passable!  

I hate to compare frying potatoes to learning from mistakes, but...well...there it is.  I've made a heck of a lot of mistakes.  For those I've hurt, I'm sorry.  For those I haven't, I'll do my best to never do so.  For those who still stick around, I love you and you mean the world to me.  For those who decided that it's better off not to stick around, that's okay...I love you, too, in your own special way.  I don't know how things will turn out in the future, and a long time ago, I didn't know what the present would be like.  Things are different.  Things change along the way.  My potatoes are different than I expected.  I still have fried potatoes, but they're a little bit battered and a little bit crispy.  But they're still good!  I've come to like them that way.  I love my potatoes and I worked hard to make them what they are.  In fact, the end potatoes are better than the anticipated ones because of my experiences in making them.  So let me have my potatoes and don't be hatin' on how I got them to be edible.  I just did.  

You should be content with that.

This actually started off to be about baking/cooking.  Clearly, now it's not.  But to the people that it should be obvious to, I think I made it pretty obvious.

If you're jealous of having fried potatoes, go make your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment