Saturday, July 4, 2009

Baking Again.

Call me crazy, but I've been baking again.  I think I'm really beginning to like it!  I still have to be in the mood to do it, though...not like cooking.  There's never a mood for cooking :/

Tonight it was a strawberry cake with icing that I made from scratch!  It wasn't hard at all, but still a lot better than what I was doing about a month ago.  It's actually become sort of fun sometimes!  Kyle says that I'm trying to make him fat and that he can't afford new pants, but I don't mind.  I made the cake just for him (and for us to have something nice after Fast Sunday tomorrow).  

Tomorrow we plan on attending church in Muncie and going to work on the house afterwards with my mom.  We don't typically work on the house on Sunday, but it's coming down to crunch time, and we really need to get working on it.  There's still so much to do...cabinets and flooring to put in the kitchen, rooms to paint, carpet to rip up, hardwood floors to refinish, plumbing to replace...the list goes on and on.  Our goal is to have it liveable by the end of this month so I can get a start on moving all my stuff there and looking for a Muncie job.  This suits me just fine because I miss Muncie so much!

My holiday was pretty much boring and I plan on celebrating the Fourth at Kyle's house next Saturday with a barbecue!  Yay!  Today I just worked (time-and-a-half pay!), showered and did some me time--painting of the nails, shaving, things like that that no woman has time to do throughout the week--and now baking.  It was a pretty good day, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment