Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No punch-backs!

So life's been a little bit tricky for Kyle and me lately and I've not had any time to update our blog! Yikes! It's crazy how quickly time can get away from you. Today I've decided to take a mental health day (which is code for skipping the rest of my classes) and catch up on homework that I should have had done already before I go to work! It seems like a fantastic idea to me. I've been pretty bogged down lately in class after class, workday after workday, meeting after meeting, and I think God gave me this day to take it off. I have a headache, but a very sunny outlook for the rest of the day. Hurray!

Kyle, however, has decided to be dutiful and finish going to class today...he has three more to go and I've offered to at least take a break from reading to drive him to his Honors class so he doesn't have to tromp in the snow. What kind of a wife would I be if I didn't offer? Answer: a bad one. And I can't be a bad one, because he's mentioned me in the memoir assignment that he has for his non-fiction class, and I think he's put me in a positive light. So I can't fail now!

On the bright side, I'd like to post some videos that I came across the other day (and by that I mean I came home from work and Kyle was screaming from the other room "You gotta come here and watch this!"). They're commercials about VWs and the slugging game. So here's some backstory as to why this is important:

I love to punch people--playfully, of course. The more I like you, the harder I punch! And I'd always play the slugging game with Kyle when I saw a beetle (I can't tell the other VWs because I'm not very good with cars--but beetles are DEFINITELY distinguishable, so there's generally no problem there!) and eventually he'd complain because I'd hit him too much. Naturally, because he was awful at the game. His eyes were not speedy enough to catch the beetles as they slunk along the road. So he made me stop hitting him and called an ultimate end to our game. Shoot!

But of course, this doesn't stop me from hitting others! So on the way back from my Michigan bridal shower, I began to play with Kelsey (I mean, I didn't announce it or anything, just began slugging) and we have had a wonderful ongoing game since August. She's getting better, and I'm getting older and slower. The downside is that since Kyle won't let me play with him, I'm not used to looking for them anymore! So she does have that advantage on me. So when I saw these videos, I immediately thought of the game. Do you play?

Here's the first one Kyle showed me:



Which led to these interesting videos of the guy who made up the game (I included all of them because there are actually rules to the game that are pretty interesting haha):







Happy punching!

No comments:

Post a Comment