Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worst week ever in the busy-business.

Kyle and I have happened upon this awful habit over the last week or so of passing out in bed without the usual preparations for bed...family scripture study has fallen by the wayside, it's a chore to get up and brush our teeth (thankfully I've managed to drag myself awake to do that every night, even if it's at five in the morning), and we can't even seem to make it to the light switch for a lights out! What's wrong with us? Are we really just that tired?

This week was a hard one for both of us. I've worked more hours than usual this week and haven't had a day off (until today...Saturday! Woohoo!), which means that it's been a scramble to get my assignments done on time, let alone get things completed a day or so in advance. I remember when I'd have my assignments finished a week or so early. Ha. That was before I was married. What a joke.

Lack of adequate amount of time to do homework has caused us some problems this week. I've failed the second night class quiz in a row because I couldn't get the reading done, and Kyle's opted to skip readings altogether in favor of getting sleep. One of the worst days this week was on Thursday when he realized he'd neglected to turn in an assignment online the day before. The jam-packed schedule has caused the house to turn into a disaster zone!

It's sort of pathetic to say, but we've got a system worked out for 20 hours of work a week apiece. If you do what happened to me this week (put me at 22 hours) things fall apart. You can't work us certain days, I think (Tuesdays and Thursdays). It gets to be too crazy.

So we're looking forward to next week for sure. I'm at 19.5 hours...it's a bit of a slowdown! You don't think that matters too much, but it does! And Kyle will have the typical 20 hour schedule as well. *Sigh of relief. This week is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment