Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Departmental Honors and Lost Phones.

As my day keeps going up, up, up...poor Kyle's keeps going down, down, down... :(

The most amazing day in all of history started with canceled school.  Then I got most everything on my to-do list done (scary, I know!).  Then I got a wonderful email that informed me that I was a finalist for the Academic Honors in Writing recognition, which was something I applied for at the beginning of December.  I have to go write a common essay with the other finalists in March, and we'll see what happens from there.  Guess being an English major and writing all those ridiculous essays paid off, huh?  The email also let me know that I'd been selected to receive Departmental Honors.  Yay!  

And THEN the announcement on the radio that school is on a two-hour-delay?!  It can't get any more perfect!

But poor, poor, poor sicky husband.  He is so stuffed up and sluggish and weak that I couldn't help but baby him all day (although that's strictly against my personal caring-for-the-sick policy).  Then he goes to his night class for the first time and loses his phone.  I'll go hunt for it tomorrow morning, and hopefully we find it!

Looking forward to going to school tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment