Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Student Teaching

So it's the semester of student teaching!  And so far, I love it (snow aside).

I absolutely love the school I'm at.  I love the teachers.  Although I've had half a day with the students, they seem very pleasant, helpful, and willing to learn (angels!).  I have TWO desks and have spent my evenings so far shopping for materials to stock them with.  I've also been working to get names in my gradebook, a parent letter drafted, and lesson plans formatted.  The drive is nice--not too long, not too short.  AND!  I have student teacher friends!  There are three other student teachers at my little school and although I hardly see them, we contact each other regularly after school for moral support!

So, eventually I want to get some pictures up of my desk.  I obviously can't take too many pictures of the classroom (and absolutely NONE of the students under any circumstances!), but I'd like to show you some of what I'm doing over the semester.  I'll at least show you where I'll be sitting at for the majority of it!  I've enjoyed very much using the things my parents and in-laws have gotten me for Christmas for the classroom!  All the school supplies and dress socks sure come in handy!  I'd have to say, though, my favorite belongings so far are my big-girl teaching bag and my lunch box.  Maybe I'll put up pictures of those, too, because I love them so much?  We'll see.

I can't wait to go tomorrow, provided that we don't have snow, of course.  I'm not complaining about the snow, though!  Yesterday I had my first early dismissal from school EVER (no, not a one, not even while I was attending school in Jay County!) and today school was cancelled.  I'm pretty sure I won't always be this excited about it because teachers and students have to make those up, but hey, regardless of how many snow days y'all get, I still graduate on May 7th!  

So just keep on snowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment