Saturday, February 19, 2011

Productive weekend!

I intend to be super-productive this 3-day weekend!  And I'm totally looking forward to this next week!

Kyle went camping with the Scouts this weekend and won't be back until early afternoon.  This means I haven't seen him since Thursday night!  While I miss him terribly and am pretty lonely right about now (Tiger can only take so much cuddling, it seems), I did manage to get lots of things accomplished that hanging out with him would have distracted me from doing.  For example, I stayed at school last night until 9 PM (that's right, folks. You think your teachers work from 8-3? Think again.) grading projects for my 7th and 9th graders.  I organized my desk, cleaned up my workspace from this week, and made all of my copies for the next two weeks and got everything ready to go for Tuesday.  While I was the last teacher out of the building yesterday, I was able to leave feeling good about what I got done.  No grading for me this weekend!  Only doing the reading I assigned for Tuesday, some journaling for my university supervisor, and working extensively on my LAMP project.  Sounds good to me!

I was planning on cleaning the house yesterday, but after a rough night like that, I just didn't feel like it.  I got some chicken strips and chips from Marsh, returned some library books and watched a movie (which I couldn't even make it through because I fell asleep about 45 minutes in).  So the housework got done this morning!  I'm pretty excited for Kyle to come home because (a) he hates cleaning and he'll be pleasantly surprised that he doesn't have to do any, (b) I didn't even get to talk to him last night because he had no signal so I'm wondering how his trip went, (c) I'm in the mood for Scrabble and Tiger's not too good at spelling.  I'm thinking date night tonight?  Oh yes.

*Sigh.  It's going to be a good week.  Getting things accomplished and a shortened week at school?  And, even better, a field trip on Wednesday!  

Life is looking good.  Four more weeks until Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment