Thursday, March 24, 2011

Anger, absolute anger.

This post is not going to be very long because it's a ranting post.  I'm home alone and just need to get it off my chest.

I went to Teacher's College today to do some portfolio work since I no longer have a Mac.  I set up my new portfolio, get all my stuff done, spend an hour and a half up in the lab with a very nice girl who showed me how I can connect my two portfolios (I can't even edit my old one anymore because my Mac's gone).  She assures me that I can check out a Mac for two weeks down at the iCare center on the first floor.  This sounds like a stellar idea since my portfolio work can't all be finished in the lab.  

As I'm checking out a Mac downstairs at the iCare center (manned by three very inept male individuals), I inquire about getting my hard drive taken out of my own Mac so we can sell it for parts online.  The young man who speaks English fluently assures me that they can take it out no problem if I bring it in.  I thank them and the girl who helped me in the lab (she came downstairs for her break after I left) and leave.  Then, as I'm crossing the street... 

"Miss!  I just wanted to let you know that my colleague Ashley" (nice girl from upstairs) "has reminded me that there was a recall a few years ago on black Macbook hard drives bought in 2007, so if you've never had the hard drive replaced before, we can do that for free!  It'll take 3-5 business days, but your computer will be good as new!"

WHERE WAS THIS INFORMATION IN DECEMBER WHEN I PHONED?!  WHY DID YOU STILL NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT WHEN I WAS STANDING THERE?!  Thank goodness for Ashley.  Why isn't SHE down here giving instructions to people with broken computers?  WHY WERE ANY OF YOU THREE HIRED AT ALL?  You know nothing about computers!  I hate iCare!  Hate, hate, hate!

So, apparently my computer can be fixed.  Somewhat good news, since it's a $1500 machine, but I'm torn about whether to be happy about this situation, or extremely, extremely angry...

No comments:

Post a Comment