Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sweet Summertime

So it's summertime.  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!  Life has been pretty good to us the last week or so.  Let's catch up on what all happened :)

I've finished my student teaching.  Last week consisted of tying up loose ends, which meant finishing my grading, getting kids caught up on assignments, taking home some sample projects that I'd asked my students if I could keep, cleaning out my desk, getting pictures with my classes, and handing out candy.  They might not miss me, but I think they appreciated the candy :)

Advertisements featuring VERBS!


Advertisement featuring ADJECTIVES!

One of my desks before I packed everything away (I had two classrooms and two desks) 

Mr. Maple, the best student teaching buddy ever!

The greatest mentors and classroom teachers of all time: Mrs. Retherford and Mrs. Walker

Once Kyle finished all his finals, he began a new writing project.  His goal is to complete a 50,000 word novel in the span of a month.  As I'm blogging, I'm looking at his progress calendar, and he's not doing too bad.  He's got 10,000 words already (about 40 Microsoft Word pages) and is going steady.  He's very excited because he hasn't had the chance to sit down and write a novel since freshman year (and that one didn't get finished).  I'm doing my best to be supportive.  As long as I leave him alone so that he can reach his writing goal each day, I get him to myself the rest of the time.  And that means twice as many hands to clean or be useful for other projects!  Or, you know, hanging out and watching movies can be twice as fun...

As many of you know, my sister has been living with Kyle and me until her completion of campus classes.  She's now ready for her student teaching in the fall and is getting married next month and has OFFICIALLY moved out.  We didn't mind having her around (she did the dishes every once in a while!), but the house just seems so much bigger now that she's left.  We have converted her room into an office and we love it!  It's now our new favorite room in the house.  Tiger also can't get over how much extra space he has to run around...

The other last exciting couple of things...GRADUATION and NEW JOB.  Kyle and I graduated with academic honors this past Saturday (pictures to come from various family cameras).  We are also celebrating the fact that I have been offered a full-time teaching position at JCHS for 2011-2012.  



We are very, very excited!  Not only do I get to do what I love, but I also finally get paid for it!  This means lots of things to us: purchasing our home and continue renovating, possibly getting a nicer vehicle, an actual summer vacation next year...endless possibilities!

Hurray for summer!





1 comment:

  1. So, great to hear about how you guys are doing. I'm always so proud of you two and thankful for the friendship we have. See you this summer!!~
    With love,
    jared

    ReplyDelete