Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 2 of Summer


The second week of summer seems to be a lot slower (thank goodness!).  We've had plenty of chances to relax and spend some much needed time together.  Last week we made sure to fill the time with lots of fun things:  the movies (twice), some live theater (twice), shopping in Indy, shopping in Muncie, put together a bookcase for our office, read novels, got a haircut and dress fitting for my sister's wedding (only me, obviously), ate out too much, and Stake Conference.

This week is a little bit less planned-out.  Yesterday we finished some house-cleaning and then went to Menards to pick out some landscaping materials.  I helped for a little bit before going to work, but Kyle ended up doing most of the work.  My poor husband was exhausted after making our little yard look beautiful and making dinner!

I fell asleep pretty early last night but woke all too soon.  I had an awful nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep.  I dreamt that the Department of Education invalidated the Praxis exam that I took in January and made all English teachers take a summer course instead.  I woke up at about 5 AM terrified that I hadn't really graduated and that they were going to take my job away!  Luckily that is not the case, though.  Then I couldn't get BACK to sleep because I began worrying about how much time it was going to take me to get my license straightened out (long story...too long for a blog.  Let's just suffice to say that I am not friends with the Department of Education right now).  

So now I'm up and blogging.  There's not much new to report here in our lives--except for the fun we're having!--so I think I'll just feed the cat, give Kyle his adderall, and take my book back to bed with me. 

Oh!  And here's one of the graduation photos I promised in my last post:


You might remember from my activities from last week that I got my hair cut.  Don't worry; only an inch!  I want to keep the long look for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment