Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY Scarves!

It's a long story, but I ended up with scarves by means of Pinterest.  Are you on it?  You totally should be!  

I had no idea what Pinterest was (nor did I care) until Wednesday morning on the way to school.  The radio hosts on the station I was listening to were raving about Pinterest.  Basically, it's like a pegboard.  You get to look at other people's photos that they either uploaded or found and you can pin them to your own boards to look at later.  Seems cheesy, which is probably why I never was really interested.  One of the radio hosts mentioned, however, that she got this brilliant recipe from Pinterest and it was the most delicious thing she'd ever had.  Mmmmm...recipes?  I decided it must have been more than I originally thought, so I promised myself I'd check it out when I got home.

So you need to be invited to Pinterest in order to get on.  I didn't want to wait around for the site people to add me, so I pled with my Facebook friends to add me and (after several hours) I was on the site!  It's wonderful!  I've got boards on crafts, house ideas, food, accessories, and so many other things.  

Well, on my accessories board, I found a link to DIY scarves.  I decided to try it out for myself because the pictures looked great!  I made seven scarves earlier today from old t-shirts:

Infinity Scarves

Band Scarves

You can jazz them up with pins!

They look great!  This one's my favorite!

 If you're interested in watching the tutorial, here's the link: DIY Scarves.

Pinterest is a great thing!  Where has it been all my life?  I've only been on for 3 days and already  my wardrobe is more interesting!

1 comment: