Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Blog Continues...

Today I have decided that the blog will continue.  Yes, I'm sure everyone thought I forgot about it (actually, I kind of did).  But now that summer's coming, I think I will try to renew my endeavors to blog.

So I'm going to give it another shot.  

We have one more week of school and then my first year is done.  That's pretty hard to believe!  I haven't blogged much about school (more out of, duh, legality than anything, of course) but there's not been too much to put up about it even if I did blog more often.  The first year was both easy and hard at the same time.  That's a little confusing, huh?  Well, it was a heck of a lot easier than student teaching was, I can tell you that.  Mostly because in student teaching I had no clue what I was doing and just trying to survive.  This time I had some idea of what to do, and each month just got easier.  I can't imagine how much different it will be in 10  years or so!  Probably lots!

It was a lot harder though in that this time, I was truly responsible and accountable for that whole year of a kid's education.  If I messed up, I couldn't rely on someone else to take charge for me.  It was all me.  I think that made me work all the harder, though.  And I'm glad for that.  

I'm feeling pretty darn accomplished now that I've got one year under my belt!  Plus, the end-of-year grading is almost finished!  I've got about 30 or so more projects coming in and then we'll call it a wrap.

As for summer plans, here's just a small sample of what we've got planned already (plus much more to come):

1) Doctor's appointments.  Very neglected!  This ranges from physicals to dentist visits to gall bladder surgery for Kyle.  So we get lots of doctor bills to pay...Yay (not).

2) Finish landscaping.  This is almost done for the year...just a few more finishing touches, and then I'll post photos (I promise).

3) Baseball games.  We're definitely going to a Reds game in June and probably will hit up some Indian games at some point in the summer.  Sounds like a great time to me!

4) Garage saling.  Both going to them and hosting them.

5) Organizing.  Cleaning out all of our closets, the fridge, the desk, our dressers, the garage...everything!  

6) Movies and TV shows.  It's already on our summer itinerary to see The Avengers again as well as The Dark Knight Rises and the new Spiderman movie.  Plus, I think we're going to invest in Hulu Plus so we can continue to watch The Office, Bob's Burgers, and Downton Abbey.  Who knows what new shows we can find?

7) Camping.  I think we'll go back to Clifty Falls and actually camp this time instead of staying in a hotel.  Don't blame me for wanting to stay in a hotel last time!  It was below freezing!  And sorry, I don't mind camping but I am NOT a Boyscout!

8) Summer reading.  I have a whooooooole list of books that I'm dying to get started on!  I'm reading The Hobbit now per Kyle's request.  I'm just starting to like it a little bit :)

9) Remodeling.  This is going to be the BIG summer project this year...remodeling the upstairs of our house (eeeeeeeeeek!).

10) Cooking.  Kyle's been on dinner duty pretty much the whole school year.  He does this while I'm in school and I do it during the summer so he can write.  It's a beautiful arrangement.

11) Lots of late-night summer walks.  I love talking walks with Kyle when it's nice out.  We've been doing them more often now that the weather's gotten warmer and I'm so excited for next week when we can do them every day if we wanted!

12) Best thing?  Getting paid every other week to do all of these things :)

Enjoy the last week of school!  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment