Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Birthday Fun

In June, my grandma turned 64 and my brother-in-law turned 27.  We got together this past Friday and had a fun party for them both.

We usually have some terribly fattening and artery-clogging food to tide us over until cake.  For this party we had fried chicken, pizza, chips, potato salad, and pop.  Yummy!  What a great way to gradually die.  

Later we opened gifts...

My cute grandma.

Grandma and Mattie opening cards.

Then we had some cake and ice cream...

Talking business before lighting candles with my dad.

Watch out...Betsy will getcha!

I've always fought Betsy for the huge roses on the cake...yum yum!
Then we played some games...

Scrabble game.

Talking while playing.

We also got some naps in between the activities due to fatty food comas.  After everyone left, Kyle and I spent the night at my grandparents' house...something I hadn't done since I was probably in middle school!  I accidentally left plenty of things at their house (shampoo, facewash, a bracelet) to make it a worthwhile stay!  We also went out to breakfast the next morning and hit some garage sales in Portland to find some wonderful treasures.

All in all, a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment