Friday, March 29, 2013

Mouse Game

So it's been about 5 weeks since I last updated the blog!  I'm going to work hard in the next few months to stay on top of updating, but there hasn't been a whole lot of interesting going on lately, so I guess it was easy to ignore blogging.  I do have a few updates to make, though, so we'll begin with something small.

We have an iPad and have downloaded something called "The Game for Cats" for $2.  Basically it's a cheese background with a mouse that flits across the screen that squeaks when you touch him.  The 3 cats go NUTS for it.  Every time you hit the mouser, you get 100 points.  Keebler smacks the iPad like nobody's business and once in a 30 minutes span racked up 50,000 points.  And we always poke fun of him for being simple!  He's master and commander of the mouse game!  Max overthinks the game a little bit because every time the mouse isn't on the screen he assumes it's under the iPad.  He's constantly digging his paws (claws up!) under our device trying to get the mouse, but all he does is scratch up our case.  Oh well...it's not going to last forever!  Most of Max's points come from putting his face too close to the iPad and head-butting at the mouse as it moves across the screen.  Tiger is content to just be entranced watching the mouse, although he'll sometimes slap at it.



This game was probably the best $2 I've ever spent.  I like to fold laundry on our bed and each cat likes to systematically join me to "help" (usually that involves Max laying on my piles of laundry and Keebler knocking them over), so all I have to do is grab the iPad and they are entertained forever.  We put out the iPad while packing for our trip to DC earlier this month, which is where the pictures are from.



Forgive the ugly blue blanket...we pile on the comforters when it's cold out!

From these two photos, you can clearly see that Max likes to hog the iPad when the mouse game is on it.  He's also taken to wanting to be all up in your business with any device someone might pull out now...a phone, an iPad mini, a laptop, etc...all because he thinks there are games on there he can play.  When I'm surfing the internet on our iPad and he's on my lap, I'm not surprised if he swats at the screen randomly.

Actually, he's sitting on my lap as I blog on the desktop, wanting to play with the computer keys.  It might not be such a bad idea to get the iPad now!

No comments:

Post a Comment