Monday, June 10, 2013

And the Award for the Unborn Child with the Most Clothes Goes to...!

Why is it that girls love clothes, dressing up, and looking pretty?  What an expensive hobby to have!  I'm fairly certain that when the doctor told us we were having a girl, our clothes allowance for her literally doubled.  Now everywhere I go, I always have to oooh and aaah over the little dresses, skirts, hairbows, shoes...everything.  Sure, there are plenty of cute boy clothes, but girl clothes are just ADORABLE.  Anyone with me, here?

So, I was 25 weeks yesterday.  This means that our baby weighs roughly two pounds.  I'm certain this two-pound, alien-looking fetus-girl has more clothes than I do.  Actually, more than my husband and me put TOGETHER.  And I haven't even had a baby shower yet!

Garage sales.  That's pretty much the only way we've not broken our bank account by feeding my baby clothes-shopping addiction.  In a store, I could easily see a cute dress, look at the price tag, see it's ten dollars, and reason with myself that my little girl will only be able to fit into this dress for X amount of time...is it worth it?  I can answer no and move on.  But when something is a quarter, or fifty cents...you get the idea.

The result?  I have so many clothes that I had to find a way to organize them.  I bought several large totes with lids and made some labels for them:  0-6 months (since a lot of these clothes from varying brands look about the same size), 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12+ months, and Gender Neutral (luckily this one's the fullest!).  Nearly ALL of them are packed so tightly with clothes that I can barely get the lids on (6-9 months still needs a little work). 

I've told myself no more garage sales!  I'm keeping them stored until right before she needs them, then will wash and fold accordingly.  Otherwise I'm sure I'd have enough laundry to be consistently washing/drying/folding for a week!

After Coldwater Garage Sales 2013
After Fort Recovery Garage Sales 2013.

But at a dollar, how could you resist?!
Garage sales are GREAT for Halloween costumes!  We have Halloween costumes for about the first 3 years already...
Little hairbows/headbands :)
Only a quarter and in brand-new condition.  Her grandparents will love it!
Garage sales are awesome and they're like a hobby to me...I have to see what good deals I can collect!  Unfortunately for me, Baby Girl might be just a tad spoiled in the clothes department...

No comments:

Post a Comment