Thursday, August 29, 2013

Portland Baby Shower

My second baby shower was hosted by my mom and sister and held at my sister's house in Portland (where I grew up).  I wish I had gotten more pictures of my own, but I know there were a lot of cameras snapping pictures...you'll just have to live with mine!  My sister had a "decorating vision" that we teased her about the entire time we were setting up, but this vision turned out to be pretty dang cute!  We had some great food, a delicious cake, a gift table, wonderful centerpieces (cut from my sister's own flowerbeds...I felt so special!), and a little side table at which guests could give me motherly advice for the future.  For our activity, we made a little alphabet book for the baby.  Everyone got a piece of paper with a letter on it, and drew and colored an object on the paper that started with the letter they were given.  Cute, different, and something that's already sitting on the bookcase in the baby's room!

Here are some pictures of the occasion (again...sorry I don't have more of my own!):






My best friend from high school, Jess, who is GETTING MARRIED!

Grandmas!

Probably my favorite picture of the day.  My sister and cousin (neither have been pregnant before) wanted to feel my belly.  Which was fine with me!  Hilary asked if I could ever hear the baby move when I was quiet...uhhhh...no.  Ha!
Hostess(es) with the mostest!

Sadly, a lot of my school friends couldn't make it to the shower because everyone was on a stinkin' vacation (can you tell how jealous I am?!).  However, I don't want to leave them out because they also contributed tons of gifts after the shower and are super excited for our little addition.  I have such great friends :)


Our little girl is so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment