Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sleeping Audrey


So, I've got some pictures of Audrey that I'd like to upload, but instead of doing one long post, I think I'd rather upload the photos and just a little bit about life with Audrey in small snippets instead.  I can't believe this girl is four weeks old already and will be a month old tomorrow!  She's doing great all-around...eating well especially!  When we went to see the lactation consultant on Friday, Audrey weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz!  She's gained a good amount of weight from her doctor appointment not even two weeks before (7 lbs 9 oz).  Yay Audrey!

Audrey is also a big-time sleeper!  We have very little problems in that area (yet).  I've read that for such small babies, sleeping 5-6 hours at a time at night is considered sleeping through the night for them.  She's been doing that fairly consistently since birth!  Just a few days ago, she woke up once in the middle of the night for a half-hour diaper change and feeding and promptly went right back to sleep, with a total of about 8 hours of sleep time!  WOW!  How did we get so lucky?  

Sometimes Audrey will want to do nothing BUT sleep all day, but the downfall is lately she won't do it anywhere but in our arms.  This week we're going to work really hard with putting her down in her crib, even if she wakes up screaming only 15 minutes later.  I'd like to start going back to bed in my own bedroom and get my butt indentation out of the couch!

Audrey loves sleeping in the car:



On pillows on the couch:
 






And on people's laps:





She sleeps best when being held by people who are up moving around.  I think that's strange, but I suppose that's most like the womb, isn't it?  







She fits in great with us...we love to sleep, too!  And we're really grateful that she likes it so much, so that we can continue to get it over these first few months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment