Friday, March 21, 2014

Snow Days

Well, it certainly has been awhile!  At this point in time, we're keeping pretty busy with our extended school days (we get home at about 6 PM every day...meaning we're gone almost eleven and a half hours every day).  It's EXHAUSTING.  Needless to say, blogging really has been the last thing on my mind.  But since it's now SPRING BREAK, I might be able to do some catching up!

So we had a ton of snow days early in January.  Here are some pictures from our big snow at the beginning of the year:

These are all pictures documenting the first time we ever made snow ice cream!

1 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup sugar


Mix everything

Add snow to desired consistency

Snow ice cream!

It wasn't ice cream like I know it, but it did take care of my sugar craving for the day!  Can't say I loved the ice cream, but I think it'll be fun to do with Audrey as she gets older.  Here are some other random pictures from this day:

Not quite four months yet!

These pajamas no longer fit!

The cats were fascinated by the snow

Although I'm sad that we have to do the extended days and I don't want to go to school until June, the snow days were certainly welcome in January.  I didn't feel like I got to spend enough time with just Kyle and Audrey over Christmas break, so this helped to relieve that feeling.  I just count my blessings when I can!



No comments:

Post a Comment