Saturday, August 9, 2014

Summer Projects: Table Makeover

So at the beginning of June, the first project I worked on involved painting an old kitchen table we used as a desk in my room at my mom and dad's house (my sister also used this as a desk in her room when she lived with us before she graduated).  It's been in my sister's room, on the front porch, up in the attic, and also in the basement.  I acquired the table from a friend when she moved away, so I've had this table for about ten years!  

Check out its makeover for our front porch:

So the tabletop had wallpaper on it, à la Pinterest.  

 Those projects sure look cute, but ripping ten-year-old wallpaper off a tabletop sucked. 

There!  All clean!  
I'd seen some tables on Pinterest where the tabletop was painted a different color than the legs.  I kind of liked this idea because (a) it was different and (b) it was less work.  The legs were white and painted already, so I left them alone.  I primed and painted the tabletop using the same red paint that I used on the desk upstairs last summer.  After two coats, we began polyurethaning the table so it could sit outside.

Final product:



If you're wondering, the chairs came with our table...they were extras that Gary and Michele (my inlaws) had that we painted red last year.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment