Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Job.

I've not updated for like 10 days or so, but so much has happened since those 10 days!  We've gotten so much more work done on the house (it's getting to be crunch time, here!) and I've worked hard to find a job in Muncie.  The job has been particularly stressful because all there really is available are the retail jobs...and I've never worked retail!  I don't know what it's like to have a job in town where schedules are pretty inflexible and lots of what you have to do is smile at people and help them.  I'm pretty excited to try it, though, and I think I'd be better at it now than ever before!

The process, though!  I've applied for more jobs than ever before!  I've filled out applications for Aldi's, Kohls, Maurice's, Charlotte Russe, Bath and Body Works, Dots, and Deb.  I've also done online applications for Old Navy, the Gap, Booksamillion, and Marsh....and if I didn't hear from any of those, I had applications at the ready for Aeropostale, Menards, the Compass Learning Center, Sallie Mae, Hobby Lobby, and Kerasotes.  Whew!  Every night before I fall asleep, I would spend time thinking about where else to apply!  I prayed and fasted for the right job and did all that I knew how to do:  payed my tithing and worked diligently in my calling and kept an upbeat attitude.  I knew that if I put on my applications that I was unavailable on Sundays that I would be richly blessed.  I counseled with Kyle over how many hours to work, how important the pay is, what shift I should shoot for, and what days to keep for homework and the Lord.  Kyle has been a great blessing in my job search and has helped me in many ways, mostly in prayer and encouragement.  I couldn't have gotten a job without his support!

Anyway, when I filled out the applications and turned them in, I prayed for the right job to become available for me.  Miraculously, as soon as I inquired for an application at Deb, I was promptly encouraged to fill it out as soon as possible because interviews were the very next day, if I wanted to sign up for one!  So I did!  I filled out the application, made sure that I had references at the ready, and did my best to get myself out there...and it worked!  I was offered the last slot for an interview at the very last minute of the following day, and I went home all excited and preparing myself for it.  I thought of questions to ask the interviewer and went to my interview praying for the Lord's will.  The interview went great!  The manager is nice and was completely understanding of my experiences that were NOT retail.  I don't know even that I should have been there for an interview, because I felt confident that if I hadn't turned in my application when they were setting up interviews, they wouldn't have contacted me.  I was promised a phone call two days later to let me know whether I had gotten the job or not.

It was a LOOOOOOONG wait, but worth it, because I got the job!  YAY!  I'm so excited and I'll find out exactly when I start next week on Tuesday or Wednesday when I go in for a schedule.  I hope I do well and that I'm quick to pick up the skills I need.  I'm willing to work for them and be as dedicated as possible.  I'm so grateful for the blessings the Lord has given me, and I'm not going to waste the opportunities He's got in store!  I'm so happy right now!  I love the Lord and I love life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment