Monday, August 9, 2010

Back from vacation!

Okay, okay.  So I haven't been on here for several weeks.  Before we left for vacation, there was nothing to really blog about.  And when there was, I wanted to put up pictures, but I didn't feel like uploading.  Lazy, I know.  And then when we got BACK from vacation, our internet wasn't working, and I wasn't about to walk all the way to the library just to blog.  But, happily, we have our internet back, and I've got pictures uploaded, and I'm ready to blog again!

So Kyle and I had the whole week off from work (unpaid, unfortunately).  But we did some pretty neat things with our week.  First we went camping up near the Indiana Dunes.  

This is a picture of our campsite.  It was my first time camping since I was in elementary school, and it was pretty fun despite the thunderstorms that hovered the entire time we were there.  And I've never really been so bitten up by mosquitoes in my entire life.  It was also really hot in the tent all night and Kyle had to sleep semi-diagonally so he could fit properly in the tent, and that of course limited my sleeping space.  Maybe next time we'll go when it's cooler.


We also went to the beach while we were there!  The beach was great even if it was overcrowded.  We both burnt like lobsters, though, so next time we might not stay out so long.  This also made sleeping in the tent painful because neither of us could get comfortable :(

We also made it to the Outlet Mall in Michigan City but didn't buy very much...just some student-teaching pants, really.  On the way home, we planned on going to Indiana Beach, but we got rained out.  So, instead, we went to the Indianapolis Zoo on Friday and then out to Yats afterward (for more vacation pics, check out my facebook page).


We also went to the movies during the week to see Inception...it's great!  I recommend it to anyone!

We also spent some time working on our bedroom furniture and got the headboard, footboard, and my dresser stained.  Now only one more coat of stain and a coat of gloss for them, and they're finished!  We still need to find some sort of frame for the bed, though, as well as some drawer handles before we can move them in.  I'm really excited.  We'll probably keep working on them tomorrow!
So it's back-to-work time, but at least it's not back-to-school yet!  Still have two more weeks before the ball and chain are back on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment