Friday, November 12, 2010

After teaching high school for a week...

...I think I might stick to middle school, at least for a little while.

The students at the high school seem to have a hard time taking me seriously.  I get asked way too many personal questions, I get whistled at in the classroom, and no one does the work or takes their classes seriously.  They are in for a rude awakening after they graduate.

I thought my middle-schoolers acted up from time to time, but I can't fathom even them turning into the students at the high school.  It's a little hard to believe.  

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the middle school!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man being a high school teacher would be crazy for all the reasons you mentioned and more... I went to school with really horrible people that just had fun at the teachers expense... awful...

    I did a cadet teaching type of a thing during my senior year. I decided to go to a middle school classroom. I enjoyed it! But really I thought it would be a great environment to really make an impression on the students. I think in elementary school they're still too little to make true decisions and in high school students kind of know where they want to go... but in middle school they're kind of just happening on life and need truly great people to be their teachers because they, the teachers, will be the most influential. meh, just personal opinions :D

    ReplyDelete