Sunday, December 19, 2010

Changes.

There were a lot of good messages today at church.  It made me start thinking about becoming a better person.  I'd really like to give it a shot, and since Christmas and the New Year is coming, what better time to start?

Here are a few of my goals:

I'd like to spend more time with Kyle building up our little family's spiritual reservoir.  

I'd like to spend more time with both of our families.

I'd like to take the time to pray more sincerely than ever before at every possible moment--in the morning, before bed, before meals, before preparing lessons (and not just church lessons...lessons for my 7th and 9th graders next semester as well).

I'd like to enjoy the scriptures and take more interest in studying them.

I'd like to be sure that my visiting teaching isn't just "done" every month--a connection is a lot more valuable than just a contact!

I'd like to ensure that we figure out a better schedule for paying our tithing! 

I'd like to get rid of the clutter in my mind.  I don't know how to be specific, but I'm sure all of you know what I'm talking about.  The judgemental clutter.  The worry clutter.  Drama clutter.  Tiredness clutter.  Any mental baggage that I don't need in order to better love my Savior, my husband, my family, my students, etc...I just need to throw it out!

I'd like to visit the temple more often (because you can never go too many times).

There are so many other things, of course, but these are just a few that I've been pondering lately and I feel impressed to take care of.  I'm going to try so much harder and learn to love a lot better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment