Monday, September 9, 2013

Nursery Reveal

The nursery is DONE!  Actually, it's been mostly done for a little while...a few finishing touches here and there, and completing the chair, of course (did you see my last post?  Go check it out if you have no idea what I'm talking about!).  So, here I am to give you a short, guided tour of where our baby will live once she's not living inside of me:
This is what the room looked like originally when it was my sister's room!  She moved out to get married over two and a half years ago.  Kyle really liked the color on the walls, so he REFUSED to paint the room, even though we found out we were having a girl.  And well, after all the painting we did this summer, I couldn't argue!
Would you believe that for all the time the room was an office, I never ONCE took a picture of it?!  This is a picture of the office over the summer, when it was also a makeshift bedroom, perfect for me when I couldn't get to sleep in our bed.
And now...Baby _________'s room!  Since I let Kyle have the decorating ideas upstairs, he graciously handed over the reins to baby's room to me.  And I chose classy Audrey Hepburn to adorn baby's walls!  I love it!  I would have killed to have a nursery like this when I was a kid :)

Not sure if this is the final home for the activity mat.  It might get moved somewhere else!

Bought these little gems on Etsy.  LOVE that site!
Teddies' names are Simon and Sean...we've had them for a long, long time :)
This chair, I have to say...I LOVE how it turned out :)
Thank goodness for Betsy...and chevron!
The only other finishing touches in the room are to put pictures in the frames, which we'll do when she's born!


Guess how many dinosaurs our daughter has?  More than the average little girl, let me tell you!  Thanks, Daddy :)

My first Mother's Day gift



Bottom shelf is empty because the Boppy goes there (we're taking it to the hospital), and the top shelf is empty for now EXCEPT for the bag of name blocks we've bought for the bookcase...of course, we've not put those out yet just in case anyone stops in!
Packed and ready to go!  I get a bag, Kyle gets a bag, Baby gets a bag!
Kyle's favorite part of the room.
Not only do we have one t-rex on the shelf, but we also have two t-rexes, a velociraptor and two triceratops in the toy box.  Also note the Superhero Little People shoved in there!
 So, I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out!  Now all we need is....a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment