Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Entry!

So this is my first attempt at a blog!  I've know of a few other people hard at work keeping blogs, and I think they're so neat and immediately wanted to make my own.  It'll probably be pretty rough at first, but I figure if I begin it over Spring Break, maybe I'll have some time to get used to it and make it one of those things I want to do instead of one of those things I feel I have to do.  I've been trying to keep some sort of journal since I've joined the church, but my work's been pretty patchy.  I'm hoping the blogging will keep me interested because I'll be sharing my life with others and not just myself.

Spring Break's been going really well so far.  I had an amazing day at church in Dunkirk today.  I got to see a lot of people that I hadn't talked to in a long time and was invited to branch council, which was a very interesting experience.  There was also a carry-in today, so, including the fifty minute round-trip, I was gone for six hours!  It might seem like overkill, but today was one of the best days that I've had in a long time.  I was also able to start a new book called Stand As a Witness, a biography of Ardeth Greene Kapp (who helped create the Personal Progress Program in the '80s).  The book has discussed keeping journals, and again I was prompted to keep one.  Given my history with journaling, I assumed this would be a safer alternative.  I'm working on it!

I love life and I know why I'm here.  My purpose is to grow to be more like my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I live for him because he lived for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment