Monday, March 9, 2009

Shopping Day

So today was the first weekday of Spring Break, and my mom decided to take my sister and me shopping.  It was a really great time and I got a lot of fun stuff.  We meant to go to Muncie shopping for dresses for my cousin's wedding in June, but even though we tried on tons of dresses, none of them worked out for any of us.  I've decided that given my luck on dresses, I'm going to stick to my initial idea of wearing a skirt and blouse to the wedding instead.

On the other hand, my mom spent a lot of the day on the phone with the realtors who are handling the repossessed house that my parents are trying to get for my sister and me to live in next year.  It turns out that we have competition, and the bank refused our first offer.  We put in another one, but that one got refused, too.  Finally, we put in our top-dollar offer around 4 PM, and the bank should be back with us sometime tomorrow (they have to allow the other party to have the opportunity to raise their bids, too).  I'm trying really hard to neither feel disappointed nor hopeful, but it's really hard because I want to get this house so bad.  I fell in love with it when we walked through it the first time, even if it does need some repairs and a lot of TLC.  I can definitely envision myself living there for the next few years, and I know my sister feels the same way.  

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!  All I can do now, though, is pray and wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment