Sunday, December 22, 2013

Turning 25.

I turned 25 this year.  It was sort of scary the week before it happened because I realized I would soon be closer to 30 than 20.  I think I panicked because it suddenly seemed like life was too short...and I've not really ever had that feeling before.  I told a friend at school about my thoughts, and she cheered me up by telling me that being 30 was way better than being 20 because you know yourself a lot better at 30 than 20.  You're not trying to find your way; you've probably found it and are enjoying it.  After she said that, I realized she was right.  I remember all the trials of being 20, and I don't think I'd ever like to live it again.  I'm much happier now than when I was 20, or 18, or 16, and so on.  And although it's hard to imagine, I'm sure I'll be happier at 30 than now.  I can't picture things being much better than now, though.  Plus, Audrey will be a cute five-year-old instead of a cute baby.  I guess five-year-olds are great, too, though.  Oh well.  Either way, she'll be cute :)

My birthday is December 2nd, and I like that it's a small affair.  What with it being smack in the middle of the holiday season, it's a little stressful to plan anything big.  This year, my birthday was on a Monday (boo!).  Kyle and Audrey bought me a wonderful card and present.  They got me the Pocahontas DVD combo pack, which I was excited about watching with Audrey someday.  

Best of all was the little card that they got me.  I'm paraphrasing what it said, but it went something like..."Mommy, I know you're really busy taking care of me, and I'm really busy loving you."  Of course, the card-writers said it a lot more poetically.  I'm pretty sure I cried a little!  The card was way better than any silly DVD will ever be.  I put the card in my keepsake box in our closet along with all the small things I kept from when Kyle and I dated and from earlier in our marriage.  It will be something I treasure forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment