Sunday, December 22, 2013

Audrey's First Thanksgiving

I know, I know...it's been a long time posting!  I feel like I take a lot more pictures now, but they just never get added to our files!  Anyway, are you ready for another long string of updates?  My goal for 2014 is to update a little at a time and more frequently instead of these larger bursts.  

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving this year:


First of all, we stayed at my mom and dad's the Wednesday before (since we were in Portland anyway because of work).  My mom was dying to see what Audrey looked like in my old snowsuit from when I was Audrey's age.  Since I was born in December, I wore this snowsuit from about the time I was born until about March in 1989 when it warmed up.  Two things:  best of all, the character is Cera the Triceratops from Land Before Time (the original one, when they were still good!).  The movie came out the year I was born.  Worst of all, Audrey hated it because it was hot and stuffy and also smelled 25 years old.  Poor girl!


The next day, my sister, brother-in-law, brother's girlfriend, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two cousins came over for Thanksgiving.  One of my cousins is graduating next semester in nursing and just finished a course in Mother/Baby.  She was very curious to know how my labor and delivery went and loved holding Audrey.  Audrey is crying here, but that does not reflect on her feelings toward Hillary!  From what I remember her saying, Hillary hadn't fed or burped a baby (or at least not for a long time), so Audrey was taking advantage of the hesitancy.  You gotta be bold, girl!


Aside from being burped (which she hates), Audrey did really well with all the noise and being passed around at Thanksgiving.  She also got some down time to play on her activity mat.



My favorite picture of all!  My cousins bought paper pilgrim hats and bonnets for everyone to wear.  Here's my little pilgrim in hers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment