Friday, August 5, 2011

Update 3: Chicago Mini-Vacation

The week after Betsy and Matt's wedding, Kyle and I took a short trip to Chicago with Kyle's brother and dad.  We had tons of fun, but I think the part I liked best was taking the subway or city bus to give my feet a rest.  It was beautiful weather for the most part, but of course it rained when we wanted to go to a baseball game.

We visited several fun places (the Hershey Store, Water Tower Place, Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park Zoo) and got tons of great food (Chicago pizza and Ditka's burgers).  We only got lost once and walked about a million miles.  Or anyway, it felt like it.

Boarding the train
Kyle's kind of tired
My  neck doesn't go back that far!

I was worried one of us was going to get hit by a bus--crazy drivers!

Heaven on earth!

I wanted this one! But it cost $40, so I didn't. This candy bar was as big as my torso and chest!
Wrigley Field to watch the Cubbies

Our game was delayed nearly two hours due to the rain, but it was still pretty fun.

Yeah, the Cubs lost :(

Welcome to the Lincoln Park Zoo!

Flaming flamingos!

Boy, I hope I don't look like this when I'm older (heh heh).

Chillin' like a fat meerkat.

Skyline from Lincoln Park Zoo. Have I mentioned that Kyle is an excellent photographer?

No comments:

Post a Comment