Friday, August 5, 2011

Update 5: No more DEB!

For the last two years I've been working at DEB in the Northwest Plaza here in Muncie.  My last day there was July 16th, and it couldn't come all too soon!  Before I left, though, I had an awesome opportunity to baby-sit on my day off for one of my coworkers, Ariel.  Her little girl Auryiah was just too dang cute!  She was the smallest baby ever!

Kyle and Ariyah watching Cops.

So adorable!

On my actual last-last-last day, we had a work meeting before the store opened.  DEB debuted a new line of Reign denim the week after I left, and the meeting was about how to get customers to buy the denim and add-ons at the register, etc.  I didn't really pay too much attention to the meeting since it didn't really apply.  But I had a great time role-playing the sales scenarios as well as selecting my own outfit for a small fashion show!  Also we made breakfast, so that was a plus, too. 
You can tell who opened that morning...look for people who didn't show up to the meeting in pajamas!

Mmmm...eggs, breakfast casserole, and muffins!

Amanda and Ariel looking over the Reign Denim packets.

Michaela and Katie during the meeting.

Amber C. looking over the material

Melissa being a cheeseball.

Fashion show--Mel started out with her own outfit.

Look at that denim!

Amber C's outfit

Michaela's outfit

My outfit and Ariel (it's kind of weird how Michaela, Amber, and I sort of picked the same thing, huh?)
Leaving DEB was bittersweet, but I don't miss it, honestly!  No more rude customers leaving their clothes on the floor, no more memorizing promos, no more sexual harassment over the phone, no more buying stuff that I don't need with my discount...no more, no more, no more!  I may never go back again!

Well, I do need to pick up my last two paychecks, though...so maybe one more visit before school starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment