Friday, August 5, 2011

Update 6: No Limbs!

Early in the morning during mid-July, Kyle and I were taking one of the cats to the vet when we walked outside to this:


Notice the power line on which the limb is resting!




I literally screamed.  I had absolutely no idea how this was possible.  It had stormed the night before, but we never heard the limb fall.  With houses so close together here, we're very lucky that it didn't land on our house or Heather's.  We also had our cars parked on either side of where the branch fell.  The couple of feet in between were completely taken up by fallen tree.  We were very fortunate that there was no damage anywhere!  We didn't even lose power! 

When I titled this entry and began my post, the limbless pun made me think of Monty Python, so I decided to add one of my very favorite clips from the movie.  Although it has nothing to do with trees (although it takes place in a forest), I still find it amusing.  I feel bad for our tree's "flesh wound!"



No comments:

Post a Comment