Saturday, October 6, 2012

Flea Market-y Goodness

Two weeks ago, my sister, my grandma, my cousin, and I went to Atlanta, IN for some flea-marketing goodness.  And oh my, was it goodness!  They had TONS of booths set up ALL OVER town.  And I mean ALL OVER!  We each found a plethora of wonderful little odds-and-ends things that we just had to have.  Maybe I spent more money than I planned to, but hey, I shop discount for 100% of all our other things, so I reserve the right to spend a little more here and there.  Right?

Check out some of the cool things I found:

This isn't all the home decor stuff I got, but other stuff I've put away for Christmas presents, so I can't show the pictures :)  I'm most excited to put the birdhouse out, but it's for our attic after we renovate it.

SCARVES!  And so cheap, too!  $28 for all 8 of these cuties!

The jewelry was where I hit rock bottom....oh goodness, how I love my accessories (I was smart enough to stay away from the handbags!)

Close up!  Sorry it's blurry :(

Another close up!

And of course, I couldn't forget about Kyle.  I spied these unopened Batman action figures from various TV shows, movies, etc. and gave him a call to see what he wanted.  He wanted everything!  I told the man selling them to give me one of everything unopened (he had some duplicates).  I got everything here for $20!

Kyle was super-excited because some of them he had when he was a kid but he'd lost the heads for.  Others were ones he said his parents wouldn't buy for him (probably because he lost the heads on them).

See the Joker with a pogo stick at the top right?  Guess how much it lists for on Amazon/Ebay?  Anywhere from $50-$250 depending on condition of the box.  Holy smokes!  And guess who accidentally got a second one stuck in the box from the guy selling them.  THIS GIRL!  But it was slightly opened, so that's a bummer.

I think I really saved myself by buying the action figures for Kyle.  Since all of them were worth $10 or more apiece, I'm pretty sure I won the right from Kyle to go back next year.  And if he forgets about that, don't worry--I'll remind him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment