Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aerobics :)

So, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually enjoyed my PE requirement that I had to take this summer!  Classes are coming to an end in two days, and since we have to take finals (the PE final is over health information), today was our last day to work out.  Instead of doing aerobics, we did a body composition test/post test for the semester.  We did this at the beginning of the semester as well (only then it's called a pre-test).  

These tests entail seeing how many abdominal curls and sit-ups you can do, how flexible you are (using the sit-and-reach box), what your waist and hip measurements are, what you weigh, and how quickly you can walk a mile (my instructor was pushing us to get the mile walked in less than 12 minutes...and if you've never timed a mile walk, that's fast!).

So....the results?  I've only lost half a pound, but I've also lost an inch and a half off my waist :)  This means that I've lost fat and gained some muscle!  How exciting!  

I really like aerobics because it pushes me in a way working out in the gym really doesn't.  I feel like I could work out in a gym religiously for an hour every day of a semester and not get the same results that 10 days of aerobics could get me.  So, my instructor invited our entire class to keep working out with her during her class next session...

...and I think if I don't have to work in the morning, I might just take her up on it!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment