Sunday, June 13, 2010

One more week!

Aaaahh...thank goodness this past week is over!  I had so much stuff going on and barely had any time to spend with Kyle...or even to sit and think!  But, on the bright side, I got all my Aerobics homework done, all of my American Lit texts read, my paper written, my blog post completed, talk for church written (in our church we take turns addressing the congregation by assignment.  It was my turn today), Young Women's lesson completed, Visiting Teaching reports compiled...and I wasn't late for work or class ONCE!  Plus, to add to our accomplishments, both Kyle and I found out that we passed Ball State's Writing Competency exam (necessary for graduation)!

So, this week.  I'll be working a few more hours than last week, but it should be pretty much smooth sailing compared to last.  I do have finals to study for (because summer session is ending after this week!) and a blog post to do, but otherwise I think that pretty much puts school to rest until August :)


Kyle's been doing great as well, despite his having to work over 30 hours a week in the terrible humidity.  He's been complaining lately about extreme fatigue and exhaustion from pushing carts and the heat's not helping.  Because he's so tall he doesn't have the best ankles and knees as it is, and I worry about him sometimes.  But, pained as he is, he's been even more cheerful about going to work (if that's possible).  Basically that means he just doesn't comment about work at all.  We often don't talk about his work haha.


So after my summer classes are finished, I think that we're going to work harder on getting some work done around the house that we kind of left off on last summer.  We're working hard to get the attic organized and all of our junk boxed up, and we're almost finished!  We just have Kyle's "man room" to do (a chunk of the attic that Kyle has claimed as his).  I'm pretty excited about this!  Kyle has also done a wonderful job of laying out mulch and spraying weeds around our house.  Pretty soon it'll look great!  


Something that I really wanted to do last summer was spray out the basement.  Now it needs it for sure, because so much traffic has gone through the basement.  Kyle will also work to get the food storage room completely dry-walled, and it'll certainly be amazing :)  When this happens, we can finally stop keeping canned foods in our plate cupboard!


There are so many other things to do, too, but I don't want to list them all because then I'll just feel like the list is never-ending and we won't get them done.  I've discovered that this definitely is not the attitude I want to have right now, especially when my summer is officially beginning at the end of this week.


YAAAAAAY!  Oh happy day!  Summer is finally HERE!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how busy we can get! I feel like I'm busy getting nothing done most of the time;-)

    ReplyDelete