Sunday, February 8, 2015

Siesta Key, Florida

On our third and last full day in Florida, we went to Siesta Key.  What a beautiful place!  I could have stayed there all day long, and I think Audrey could have, too!  This beach was so much more picturesque than Nokomis, although it was a lot further away.  I'm glad we went, though!

At first, Audrey was content to play in the sand while we unpacked.


Dying to go to the water!


Love this picture and those chubby thighs!


Audrey ran headlong into the water, caught a big wave, and got bowled over.  This happened three times right in a row before she learned her lesson and decided to be more cautious about running in.  After the last time, she shook her finger at the water and said, "No, no, no!"




Got a little wet!


Another of Audrey's favorite beach activities was chasing seagulls.


Then she wanted to be like great-grandma and read in a beach chair.  A breeze had picked up by this point, but it didn't phase Audrey.





On the way back, Audrey got a Siesta Key shirt.  It's a little big, but I can't wait for her to wear it!

And those are the highlights of our Florida mini-vacation!  Kyle and I each took a book; he finished his and I got 350 pages into mine.  We didn't think about school or snow at all while we were gone, and I suppose that's the way it should be :)


No comments:

Post a Comment