Monday, January 18, 2010

Boring MLK Day.

Right now I'm home alone with Tiger. Kyle went into work at 9 (you better believe I wasn't up yet. Although I did do the wifely thing and sit up to kiss my husband goodbye...) and now it's almost 11 and I'm totally lonely.

I think since I've been married I've become a needy person! It hurts to even be a few hours without knowing that Kyle is waiting for me somewhere...which is...weird? Friday night he went to Pokagon with the youth from our church and spent all night there and didn't get home til about midnight. Even though I had plenty to do (homework, read a book, movies rented from the library, dishes and laundry to do), I still noticed how lonely I was. I hate this part of it. Maybe I'm just spoiled :)

So my day consists of: homework--which is actually just a lot of reading and a few written responses, calling Biolife to see if they can get me in today to donate, calling my former roommate Heather about getting a haircut, showering, and going to work. Ugh. It's not eventful (which are the best kind of days!), but anything that entails homework and going to work, and I'd just rather go back to bed! I'm a lazy bum, and it shows. I wish I were doing something fun for MLK day--some people do service or have activities that they go to, but not me. I had too much homework build up this past week to even think about taking the day off. It's just not meant to be!

On the other hand, today has been good in that Tiger is being awfully snuggly today without Kyle here. Instead of waking up to Kyle, I got to wake up to Tiger licking my face and rubbing his head against my hair. He even buried his face under my chin for a whole five minutes. I get kitty love when hubby love isn't available I guess. I suppose it's nice having two men in the house ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment